Frequently Asked Questions
Silverlake is nestled in Los Angeles near Hollywood. It is called Silverlake because of the namesake lake that is less than 2 miles from your cottage.
- Five-days (5) worth of Comfortable, casual clothing including closed-toe or hiking shoes. Appropriate tops with ½ inch straps, and shorts or skirts may be worn with appropriate undergarments.
- Swim suit: one piece for women and board shorts for men (no exceptions).
- Exercise, recreation and hiking clothes.
- Light sweater or pullover for cool group rooms and evenings.
- Personal toiletries such as toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, etc.
- Personal medications – 35 day supply. Must be in the original prescription bottle with your name. All medications will require approval from our medical director.
- Important contact names (e.g., doctors, lawyers, family members), including addresses and telephone numbers.
- Twelve Step literature.
- A personal music device that is not Wifi-enabled, with earphones
- Musical instruments are permissible (guitars, etc.).
- Additional leisure time activities: books (subject to approval), art supplies, journal, etc.
- Personal pillow or blanket.
- You may bring dietary supplements (vitamins, minerals, etc.). These will be approved by the medical director for personal use.
- Laptop – held by staff and signed out at approved times.
- Up to $100 cash along with a credit/debit card for the store, etc. (Will be held in our safe until meeting or outing time.) We suggest that clients not bring more than $100 in cash.
- Hair dryer.
- Laundry bag.
- Valuables such as jewelry.
- A vehicle (parking space is limited).
- Abusive medications (including but not limited to stimulants, pain pills or anti-anxiety medications).
- Electronic games, TVs, DVD players, iPods, radios, walkmans, CDs.
- Over-the-counter sleeping pills, diet pills or home remedies.
- Weapons of any kind.
- Personal drinks/snacks (especially if it contains caffeine).
- Seductive or explicit clothing depicting sex, drugs, alcohol or bars.
- Aerosol cans, shoe polish, perfume or mouthwash/aftershave containing alcohol.
- Tank tops, short shorts or mini skirts.
Yes, we do offer exciting weekend outings when certain program commitments have been made. Outings include a VIP Hollywood tour; an open air chauffeured excursion of celebrity homes, opulent real estate and places steeped in rich Hollywood history. Outings can also include a guided tour and lunch to the Broad Museum, The Getty Center, hikes to Griffith Park for the Hollywood Sign and full day trips to the beach.
Though not solely 12 step based, we support our clients in attending outside AA and NA meetings, additional support groups, and provide transportation as needed. As a team, we encourage new opportunities in your lasting sobriety, and these are just a few of the possibilities available to you.
I noticed your facility addresses LGBT specific topics however, I do not identify as LGBT or would I want to attend groups targeted specifically to the LGBT community so does this mean I should look for another facility?
Recovery Corps is certainly LGBT friendly but we welcome everyone who is needing help with substance/alcohol abuse. Being as small of a facility that we are (seven beds) we have the ability to tailor your specific needs to your treatment. Meaning if you are not part of the LGBT community you will be offered the opportunity to attend these groups but would not be required to do so. With that being said, Recovery Corps is a very diverse facility and will not tolerate racial or sexual discrimination of any kind. We want everyone regardless of cultural, racial, religious or sexual differences to feel safe and focus on the one thing they need to and that is RECOVERY.